BUR-R-R!! With the forecast calling for frigid temperatures this week, here’s an idea for a quick, warm supper. It’s been a long time favorite in my family.
Spicy Chicken Soup
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of diced green bell pepper1 clove of garlic, diced
- 2 (14.5) cans of chicken broth
- 1 cup of chopped chicken breast
- 1 (10 ounce) can of diced tomatoes with green chili peppers
- Dash of white or regular pepper
- I also throw in some egg noodles (pre-cooked) just before simmering.
- *You can add cooked vegetables as well. I like to add cooked carrots and green beans.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute’ onion, green pepper and garlic until tender. Stir in chicken broth, chicken pieces and diced tomatoes and chilies. Simmer covered for at least 10 minutes. Serve hot, and with warm bread or biscuits if desired.
In Joyful Surrender